Monday, August 5, 2013

Homes....

Homes......

I realized that I have lived i six homes in the last 2 years.   They were all residences and I tried  to make each a home...by activities, family and attitude...each had a part of the cancer process and changes in our lives....but each so needed and a part of our lives....each gave us a place to lay our heads, rest, visit, care....

I read  an article recently..."the symptoms of inner peace"

1. A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences.
2. An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
3. A loss of interest in conflict 
4. A loss of ability to worry---this a very serious symptom 
5. Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation
6. Contented feelings of connectedness with others, nature and God
7. Frequent attacks of smiling
8. An increased tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen
9. An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it...

I have no idea who wrote it or what but....I want that...that feeling of overwhelming contentedness with each moment, not worrying but extending that peace to myself and  others who happen to be around me...

That no matter how many houses I live in, what the circumstances, the inner peace of God would permeate the atmosphere....surrounding ....encompassing ...sheltering ...enfolding...protecting....loving.....

Thank you for a vision to strive toward....for I am a long way from it....

 Proverbs 31:25She is clothed with strength and dignity;
    she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

Proverbs 19:23
The fear of the Lord leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble.

Philippians 4:11
I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.

Philippians 4:12
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

1 Timothy 6:6
But godliness with contentment is great gain.

1 Timothy 6:8
But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment