Thursday, August 22, 2013

Angel on the bluff.....

Angel on the bluff......

"The Lord told me to come and make sure you were okay", she said as she tenderly walked across the lane to where I sat watching the sunset on Pacific Ocean .   She sat down next to me after giving me a hug.......I had never met the woman before and probably won't see her again...here...

It was after a day of lawyerise, bankerise, sitting , paperworker, estateise......and all the instructions, discussions, questions of estate stuff....I wanted to watch something simple and profound, beautiful, constant, different every time, the sunset.....

This bluff is not stranger..years ago, in 1964, I had stood in this place watching down on the then raging Eel river flood. the  whole valley was covered with rushing gray water, carrying whole houses, whole businesses, millions of redwood logs to the sea or moving them all to another location, another field, ramming them into stands of trees along the way, powerfully splintering house after house into rubble.....

Before that the bluff was an empty field where we could ride horses...in the long grass, then it was transformed into a senior housing area.   Later, my parents moved there,   I walked miles over and over at varying speeds as my mother healed from her stroke, my dad from his kidney ailments, then with him again after the death Of my mother....and the slowing down of his walk......we sat at this spot and overlooked the valley, sometimes warm, sometimes breezy, watching the dairyman below, the sunset over the ocean......

Now, here I was waiting for a glimpse again of the sunset, praying , reminiscing .....and the lady came to make sure I was okay....was I?   This was letting go..now my father is there no more...we have come to bury him...no more walks and talks with him...no more of my mom or my husband......we had all walked that walk, watching the sun, the valley, the beauty.....
She shared that she , too, had been down this path....it will be okay...it will be oaky....

Thank YOU for sending those strangers,  those unexpected hugs, words of encouragements.....those angels... Those sunsets.....you are ever loving, ever ....caring...comforting in all you do....on the bluffs of life, overlooking  us all....

Psalm 91:11
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;

Zechariah 1:13
So the Lord spoke kind and comforting words to the angel who talked with me.

2 Corinthians 7:6
But God, who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus,

 Psalm 23
1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2     He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3     he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.



Each day there is just enough

....

No comments:

Post a Comment