Thursday, August 29, 2013

1998 magazine.....

1998.......

In going through some papers, again, I found an article, "How to be your best", which my dad had torn out of one his agriculture magazines....

1. Take positive control of your thoughts.
2. Set and achieve goals for a balanced life.
3. Look for the "gold" in people and yourself.
4. Show sincere appreciation and give recognition for results.
5. Develop a high set of values..
6. Smile!
7. Take time to listen to the birds sing---to smell the roses.
8. Establish and follow a good health program with proper diet, exercise and rest...
9. Give thanks daily for your country..
10. Believe in....in yourself, you are special; in your fellow human beings, they are special also; in your country, it is the best there is; in God.

This was my dad, he did all these things...he wasn't perfect as no human is...but he was positive...

But in looking at these suggestions.....stored  away in a magazine,  they follow so many Christian values....

2 Corinthians 10:5
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.


Philippians 3:12
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.
Philippians 3:14
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 35:18
I will give you thanks in the great assembly; among the throngs I will praise you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.


Psalm 37:7a
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; 
Psalm 46:10
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,

Titus 3:1Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, 2 to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone.

John 12:26
Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

Thank you, for your words,even in a secular magazine.....You shine through when we are looking for You.....help me to exemplify your Word....














No comments:

Post a Comment