Saturday, August 10, 2013

Socks.......

Socks.....

As if we don't have enough to worry about,....now my socks come with a "r" and a "l" on them....I put them on and the r was on the left foot, so I quickly removed it thinking what if something happens and I have to go to the hospital and they find I have out the sock on the is on the wrong foot.....what is she , stupid that she can't get the right sock on the right foot???......the things we worry about.....who cares about the r and the l on my socks???me.....

Letting go  of the little things again and again....

Yesterday I went to a class at the hospice center on managing stress.  The place Was filled, free lunch........but the speaker was so interesting....animated,,bubbly....all ages were represented....

One point, she had were the questions-
Could I let it go?
Would I let it go?
When will I let it go???

They sound simple and but the could and the would sound similar but are very different..and the final "when" is crucial ....

How we chew over things when we need to just decide to "let it go".... It is usually hurting us by keeping things bottled up...changing our health, our outlook, and our lives...

It can be an act of will, but letting God take away the hurt, the anger or whatever the emotion that is eating us up...is the best....putting new thought, covering it with the cross that Christ dies for .    Sometimes over and over....I have to mentally put the picture of the cross over the thought...."He died that I might have freedom from this"..... Letting it go....exchanging His thoughts for mine.....

Thank you, that You do know our thoughts...that you will take them...if we let them go....

Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

1 Corinthians 2:10-12
10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.

Hebrews 3:1
[ Jesus Greater Than Moses ] Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledge as our apostle and high priest.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Psalm 13:2
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?

Psalm 55:2
hear me and answer me. My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught

Psalm 139:23
Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.

 



An interesting article---

No comments:

Post a Comment