Friday, February 27, 2015

Stuck....

stuck.....

We are in a chapter about being stuck in one place in grief...I found this article about being stuck in the mud and tips on how to get out ....it seemed appropriate for this particular topic...and these definitions really pictured the "stuckness" as well...and the freedom of being unstuck from the bonds of grief and moving forward in body, mind and soul...in God's strength...
adjective

Definition of STUCK

firmly positioned in place and difficult to dislodge  <the car was hopelessly stuck in the mud>
Synonyms fastfirmfrozenjammedlodgedsetsnugstuckwedged
Related Words bondedcementedgluedanchoredclampedembedded(also imbedded), entrenched (also intrenched), impactedimplantedattachedboundfastenedsecuredimmovableunyielding
Near Antonyms detacheddislodgedfreedloosenedunattachedunboundundoneunfastenedunsecuredmovable (or moveable), yielding...

 
  • "Keep the wheels straight."  Keep on track..know that you can move forward.....
  • "If your car's transmission has a Winter mode, use it to limit wheel spin.".....get the right advice, seek counseling if needed....
  • "Try shoveling a path."   God has a plan and path for each of us to follow...we need to seek it and follow....
  • "Use a light touch on the throttle and try not to spin the wheels. In mud or sand, spinning them will only dig you in deeper. If there's pavement beneath snow, spinning the wheels may eventually wear through to it. But you'll have to turn off the traction control, if your car has it, to spin the wheels.".... Getting out of the rut, think on theses things...."Philippians 4:8-9 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Find a way to stop spinning in one place by spending time with God...
  • "Traction mats, snow chains, and fabric tire wraps can help you get unstuck. Sand or cat litter spread on snow or ice can aid traction. Use your floor mats or trunk liner in a pinch."   Use God's tool, His Word, Christian music, Christian books to help you dwell on other things beside the grief....
  • "You might need to jack up the car to put a traction aid under the drive wheels, but make sure the jack is on firm ground. If it's not, place a plank or something flat and solid beneath it". Find God's firm ground...he is the solid rock on which we can stand...
  • 1 Samuel 2:2 “There is no one holy like the Lord;there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God. 
  • Psalm 18:2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. 
  • Psalm 31:3 Since you are my rock and my fortress,for the sake of your name lead and guide me. 
  • Isaiah 26:4 Trust in the Lord forever,for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal. 
Thank YOU for graphic pictures and words to help us along the path of life, whether in grief or day to day living...YOU are the ultimate healer and mover, help me to be comforted by your Word, Yourself in getting out of those places where I may be  stuck, bound.....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment