Friday, February 20, 2015

Nose tricks and others ......

Nose tricks....and others...

As our children were growing up, there were games we played with each one them...the missing nose trick, the bouncing on the foot ride...these extended to our grandchildren when they were small as well...

Each parent had their own set of things to do with the kids, as well as each grandparent did different things...my dad and my husband's dad took the grandkids to the forest to check out the trees...the grandmothers would wash dishes, cook, paint, play the piano as well as read stories....the grandchildren fished in the stocked pond...trimmed trees, learned to drive tractors and cats and even logged on occasion...or just sit on their laps when they were younger ....

When was growing up, I spent time with both sets of grandparents..I had each into adulthood, which was a blessing...I got to ride horses, feed cattle, pick raspberries, hoe weeds, play in attics, play in creeks, slide down dry grass hills on cardboard, make doll clothes and even my own clothes on a treadle sewing machine, .....memories of days gone by...

So what am I placing into my grandchildren's hearts and minds???? What will they remember of their grandparents ? I know some things I want them to remember...
-the joy of giving
-hugs are welcome
-they are special and loved
-each one is a gift and each one is gifted
-their walk with God is important
-I love them
-God loves them, even through loss

Thank YOU for grandparents...having great ones and being one.....the memories of times past, games played, lessons learned, hugs given and received, life shared, God shared...

Proverbs 17:6 Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children. 


http://www.coolestone.com/media/11714/Girl-Is-Really-Proud-Of-Dad039;s-Nose-Trick/#.VOcz44g76K0

No comments:

Post a Comment