Thursday, February 26, 2015

Ben's eyes....

Ben's eyes....

Part of my life includes a small dog...he is a rescue dog, who must have been loved. He came trained, loves people, loves to play with other animals, loves to go for walks and thinks anyone who walks through my door has come to see him....

Whatever room I am in, he must be there as well...he doesn't like to stay outside without me. In my house, the kitchen, dining area and living room are all one big open room, with the kitchen at one end and the living area at the opposite end...so when I am in the kitchen, my dog lays at the other end facing me, his eyes always on me...I am rarely out of his sight..

He is more calm that way, knowing where I am...if I am at the computer, he is right beside me on the floor or in an extra chair next to me.....if I am sewing in another room, he lays on the bed next to the sewing area,..he even follows me into the bathroom or shower area.....watching....waiting...there is no activity that excludes his watchful eyes in my home....

He gives me space, but always wants to be included in that space....

I was contemplating this behavior on the "whys" of it...he just likes to be there...all the time...he would love to go with me wherever I go and sometimes does...

God watches me as well...He never leaves....He is always there, no matter what I do, where I am, ....He even knows my thoughts...the words I say,....there is no place that I can hide from him...he knows when I stand or sit...He loves me...His watchfulness is eternal...never ceasing...and His purpose is eternal...truthful...

Thank YOU, for always being with me wherever I go, whatever I do, softly guiding me, listening to me, speaking to me....


Psalm 34:15 Psalm 33:18 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their cry; 
But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, 

Proverbs 15:3 The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good. 


Psalm 139:2-4, 6-12, 15, 17 You know when I sit and when I rise;you perceive my thoughts from afar. 
You discern my going out and my lying down;you are familiar with all my ways. 
Before a word is on my tongueyou, Lord, know it completely. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,too lofty for me to attain. 
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there;if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me,your right hand will hold me fast. 
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide meand the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to you;the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. 
My frame was not hidden from youwhen I was made in the secret place,when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 
How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment