Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Oceans....

Oceans.....
We sang this song the last two Sundays in church...and then this daily devotional reading came with one of Sundays...seemed so fitting...
The line, "take me deeper than my feet would ever wander" stands out, blinking like a caution light.....for those of us who have been through loss or hardship of any kind.....do I really want to go  "deeper"?    Do I want more hurt? More Suffering? NO!  
But, do I want More of God?  A deeper relationship? More rest in His embrace? More strength in my faith? YES!
He, indeed is the Treasure...our Salvation, our refuge, our everything as we go through life no matter what comes...even walking on the water....
Will my faith stand? I hope so ....I am still finding out what that looks like on a daily basis...
Will I rest in His embrace?  Will I seek  refuge in Him? Am I doing it now?  Will  I fail? Will I trust through the thick and thin of life? Do I call upon His name in all things?
Will I love Him with abandonment ? Find joy in Him? Thank Him in all circumstances? Will I stand for Him? Will I fear?
Thank YOU...help me in my daily walk with YOU...seeking You more and more each day... 

"Oceans
You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

Oh, Jesus, you're my God!

I will call upon Your name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine"
Hilltop

Jesus calling-February 9
Seek My Face more and more. You are really just beginning your journey of intimacy with Me. It is not an easy road, but it is a delightful and privileged way: a treasure hunt. I am the Treasure, and the Glory of My Presence glistens and shimmers along the way. Hardships are part of the journey too. I mete them out ever so carefully, in just the right dosage, with a tenderness you can hardly imagine. Do not recoil from afflictions, since they are among My most favored gifts. Trust Me and don’t be afraid, for I am your Strength and Song.
My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, Lord, I will seek.
—Psalm 27:8
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.
—2 Corinthians 4:7

“Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.”
—Isaiah 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment