Saturday, February 21, 2015

Forgive .....

Forgive....

The question was asked, "whom do you struggle to forgive and why?"...

My immediate response was, "why, I don't have any problem with forgiveness,  the idea that you would ask!"...

Then that still small voice resounded in my heart of hearts...."there is an area that is closed off and it gets examined once in awhile, but not really dealt with..."  And so maybe it is time to reexamine it...

"Oh, that deep sigh comes out". "Do I really need to go there again?"

"YES!"

Colossians 3:13-17 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. 

Matthew 6:14-15 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. 

There is an area that I struggle with forgiveness.  I have to deal with it many times... Even though it is not visible to anyone else...it is there, staring me in the face...I have to hand it over time and time again...yielding it to the Father to take care of....I don't want to have it hanging over my head continually but it does...

Then I wonder, what am I doing that is the same thing to my Father that keeps cropping up again and again in my life...what am I doing that closes the lines of forgiveness ....and it is THAT unforgiveness on my part ....

There are so many times in my life that there are small minuscule pictures of what may be portrayals of the infinite picture of God...He deals with us as we deal with others...only His has the added infinite wisdom and caring and knowing factor....

Forgive, forgive , forgive...so that the lines of forgiveness to me are opened...
Let it go, let Him deal with my heart and those others...don't hide it there festering...it is only hurting me....and I really don't want the bitterness and anger to be the outcome ...as it can be for harboring unforgiveness .....

Griefshare on forgiveness:

"Forgiveness doesn't mean you condone what the person did or that you trust the person.

Forgiveness is about getting your heart right with God. It is foremost about your relationship with God.

It frees you from a lifetime of bondage to a bitter and hardened heart.

Forgiveness isn't a one time act. You will have to continue to choose forgiveness.

We forgive because God has forgiven us.

Forgiveness doesn't mean you are letting that person off the hook. It is entrusting God to take care of the situation for you.

Forgiveness isn't reconciliation. Reconciliation requires genuine repentance on the part of the person who is wrong ..."

Thank YOU for continuing to show me this area...Only you can solve the problem...help me understand how much You have forgiven me...Help me lay this in your loving hands to take care of...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment