Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A pile of rocks....

A pile of rocks......

This was a suggested visual for a class....each rock had a written emotion; anger, jealousy, bitterness, unforgiveness,  hatred, fear, idolatry, etc...then you start adding these to a backpack .....one after another...until it is full...or until you have picked up the ones you "want " to carry....or do you?..,

A picture of the negative we emotions and feelings we can carry around...the weight just pulls us down...we can choose to unburden ourselves or not...

It reminded me of the book "pilgrims progress", where Christian carries this burden until he finally releases it and puts it at the foot of the cross, handing it over Christ....

Or a written letter with all of our problems spread out before the Lord as Hezakiah did in the Old Testament .....asking what to do with the threats...

I personally don't want to carry a bunch of burdens or problems around, weighing me down...but I do...with these visuals, I was reminded how much I can be weighed down by negative emotions and may not even realize it...it is such a habit...

We are invited to leave these burdens with Christ, He lightens our load, giving us one which is light....he can take away our feelings of anger, jealousy, unforgiveness, fear,.....and I for one need to give mine over....

Thank YOU for the option for getting rid of my load of negative emotions, those which weigh me down, hindering my journey...YOU are the burden bearer...in You there is peace of mind....

Moses speaking....."Numbers 11:14 I cannot carry all these people by myself; the burden is too heavy for me. "

Psalm 38:4 My guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear. 

Psalm 68:19 Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior,who daily bears our burdens. 

Psalm 81:6a "I removed the burden from their shoulders;"

Proverbs 27:3a Stone is heavy and sand a burden,

Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment