Sunday, February 1, 2015

Happy Birthday.....




Birthdays.....

Today is my oldest son's birthday....

When I finally became pregnant with him after several miscarriages, it was such a wonder and delight...

Those verse in Psalm 139 became so real...it was before we could look and see the baby as we carried them...so God truly watched him grow,....I just felt the movement, the kicks, the hiccups, and finally the birth....

I remember moving to a new community, joining a fellowship of believers, getting our lives on track after college...Bible studies on Wednesday evenings, women's Bible studies on Tuesday mornings...Sunday morning worship and Sunday night studies as well....we were all in...

My husband had quit his job for a mining company to work with another friend...two young men who were going to discover gold mines on a shoe string budget....with ancient vehicles...ambition abounding....our first mining claims were called the "faith claims"... We lived simply....our meat was venison, killed in season....our bills were few...the thrift store, our go to place...

Going to a women's Bible study one day ,  I was sitting on a couch with another older woman with teenagers....we were sharing prayer requests and I asked for prayer of the group for no more miscarriages and that we really wanted a baby...I was so scared to even speak up, let alone ask such a request....then about nine months later he was born....in the icy weather....

We lived three hours away from the hospital....we had just returned home from a Bible study and I knew it was time to get into the car and make that dash....my husband even called halfway into the journey and the doctor said..we would make it and we just did...that was the shortest longest trip we had made...our son was born shortly after our hospital arrival, after midnight...a three hour labor...

I look at baby arrivals now....
-check out car seats,  expiration dates...then, we had the plastic seat, no restraints, a cardboard box filled with blankets
-sonograms for many checkups,   ....then the doctor listened for heart beats..and any irregularities, weight gain...

Looking through my dads papers, he cost less than one hundred dollars,  our oldest was about $1200 with doctor and hospital...

Happy Birthday, my son...you are a blessing, have been a blessing....our first born....an answer to prayer....

Luke 2:23 as it is written in the Law of the Lord, “Every firstborn male is to be consecrated to the Lord”, 

Thank YOU....for this son....our firstborn...

Psalm 139:13-16 For you created my inmost being;you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful,I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from youwhen I was made in the secret place,when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body;all the days ordained for me were written in your bookbefore one of them came to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment