Saturday, February 14, 2015

Just a little note for you to keep...

Just a little note for you to keep .....

I found a card from my husband which I keep on my dresser still...

It's words remind me of him ....

"Just a little note for you to keep....though I can't always be there with you, these words can be.  So I want you to save this in a special place and every now and then think of me...I want you to set this card aside and remember it when you are feeling wonderful , so you can remind yourself that is how you make me feel....
I want you to set this aside and save it for the days when things haven't necessarily gone as planned and the clouds are hanging around a little longer than they should. And maybe it will help to cheer you up ...
When you get home in the days to come and see this card sitting on your dresser or your shelf, remember that I'm probably sitting here as I usually do, smiling to think of all the  wonderful things about you."  By. A. Rogers

So there it sits on my dresser...I know that he is gone from this earthly existence and he probably is not thinking of me any longer, but the words are cheering me on as he would do it he were here...he was here, part of on my life for 2/3 of my years..he was real..and he did make me feel wonderful...with memories good, and some not so great...neither one of us was perfect...

The card reminds me of my Heavenly Father, my present "Husband" as well...the one who never leaves, is always there, who delights in me, who sent His son for my salvation, who sent His Spirit to be my guide, and a multitude of other gifts He brings...He thinks of me as well and even planned for me...He left a much larger "note" for me to keep, the Bible, which cheers and challenges my heart....

Thank you both for the "Notes" to remind me of you...they each are wonderful in their place in my life...an earthly temporal one as my husband was and the Eternal one from the God who is always there....

Isaiah 26:3-4 You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal. 

Colossians 3:2, 12, 14-17 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment