Sunday, February 9, 2014

Timing .....care...

Timing...care...

Yesterday morning, I awoke in a motel far from the airport, or home to which I was "supposed" to be...in my plans...but I knew God was in control if I just let Him..
So ate a food bar, exercised, readied for the journey I thought would take me home...

Bought an all day pass,.....when I should have needed a two hour pass....caught the nearby light rail back to the airport, trudging through the snow, pulling my ever increasing weighted suitcase.., I felt I was to be at the airport by a certain time...

Arrived, checked my bag, waited and for the first standby plane, cancelled and then the next. As the weather deteriorated more and more, flights cancelled one after another..
Called my daughter who is about an hour away, retrieved my luggage, trudged back through the snow to the light rail, learned another route to be closer to her and her husband, caught the ride, changed routes, rode to end of the line.....blowing snow, cold, and at peace....wondering whether there was a shelter or a nearby store to take shelter in....there wasn't .....trudged through the snow to a building that at least blocked the wind and blowing snow....and up drives my family In their 4 wheel truck, taking my baggage in hand and we drive at their warm home....

All like a clockwork of care.....we arrive at their home, the freezing rain starts ,  covering the whole countryside with ice and impossible roads.....care and timing....wasn't my "plan" for the day, but a better plan....

.....all scheduled out with God's timing and care....his peace at the airport, with all various humanity on the light rail, at the end of the line, the weather, ....I felt cared for the whole time...watched over...

I realize that it could have turned out different, I could still be in a motel, or the airport, or riding the light rail...but had a peace about each step, the ticket, the cancellations, the changes, the ride, the new plan....much better....

A reminder that my thoughts, plans may not be his plans in the good times and even the ones I would call bad...the death of my husband was definitely not my good plan, but for some reason it was His....so I have to take them each in faith....

His destination , timing, care is sure....

thank You for your timing and care, promptings along the way....help me to listen and obey...seeing your plans unfold...for the best each moment, not doubting....



“Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.”
—Isaiah 12:2

“Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.” “Come,” he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?” And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down.
—Matthew 14:28

No comments:

Post a Comment