Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's day....

Happy Valentine's Day....

Another day of giving heartfelt hearts and joy...or another flower buying day...wearing reds or pinks....

When I worked as a florist, this day with Mother's Day were the bread and butter days for them...getting as many arrangements out the door as possible., 3000 plus roses each year in varying arrangements as well as other red or pink flowers with balloons, cards, stuffed animals ,   Etc...we had lines of people waiting ....until we ran out of flowers....and we were exhausted....hired extra delivery people, started delivering by 8 am and were on the road continuously until each arrangement was home that night..girlfriends, daughters, wives, mistresses, husbands, boyfriends, and just friends....received and sent gifts....usually in the coldest weather of the year...it was a unique and tiring experience each year....

When I think of how God expresses his love, I think of his creation for us to enjoy...His son he sent for our salvation, His hand holding mine in times of hurt, his comfort in time of need, his provision in times of want, his compassion, his written word to ponder and meditate upon, his ever present presence...all the ways in which we have needs, he is there....caring, comforting , loving...not necessarily with red valentines but Himself...or maybe someone as a messenger...all the red roses in the world aren't worth a thing next to His love....

Thank YOU for your great love, I realize that I don't understand it all, but I know it in my heart, soul and mind....

 Psalm 19:8
The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.

Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.

Psalm 30:12
that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. Lord my God, I will praise you forever.

Psalm 31:24
Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.

Psalm 32:11
Rejoice in the Lord and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart!


Mark 12:30
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

Mark 12:31
The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 John 3:1
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

1 John 4:9
This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.





No comments:

Post a Comment