Monday, February 17, 2014

Knight in shining. Armor....

Knight in shining armor ......

I was watching a Hallmark movie as I was treading on my treadmill....the heroine dreamed of a "knight riding up on his white horse."  I guess a lot of us women fantasize that when we are young, that perfect young man, meant just for us.....rescuing us from whatever .....riding  off into the perfect life....

As I was growing up, it was expected and accepted that I would go on to college and I did.   But, I never saw myself as a "career" woman...I saw myself as a wife and mother...I enjoyed college, getting a degree, loved the learning, the safety of academia...not really "looking" for a knight , but accepting that one would come at the right time for me...and he did....not on a horse but a green VW beetle...(.he and horses didn't get along...)

I did have the privilege of being a wife and stay at home mother through the thick and thin economic times of our marriage....we didn't have the perfect life, but we had a wonderful life with many good memories and some not so good...but, we were both human with human imperfections...

I just think if the many marriage in the Bible, Adam and Eve, Abraham and Sarah, Ruth and Boaz, Mary and Joseph, and many,many more...God brought each together for specific lives and lessons for their lives and ours...each knight with their maiden...

And then we have our "Knight" as well coming at some time, anytime...for each believer ....the son of man....whose kingdom will never end, whose truth is the truth,  who will be worshipped by all...to rule in light in a prepared place...what a storybook ending, living happily ever after for those who have put their faith in the one true God...

Thank YOU for being the true "Knight", the Creator, the Truth, the Beginning and the End...


Daniel 7:13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Matthew 17:2
There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light.

Matthew 28:3
His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow.

Revelation 1:14
The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

Revelation 14:14
[ Harvesting the Earth and Trampling the Winepress ] I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one like a son of man with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand.

Revelation 19:11
[ The Heavenly Warrior Defeats the Beast ] I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war.

No comments:

Post a Comment