Sunday, February 23, 2014

Listening.....do I hear?


Listen....

I was intrigued by the word, "listen" this last week...it came up again and again for various issues...

Listen first, speak last...
Listen to the problems, consider,  then speak....
Listen with both ears....
Listen, then find a solution....
God gave us two ears to listen and only one mouth the speak...must be some reason for that...
Listening is more important than speaking....
Am I a good listener ....or do I just want to speak?
Others want to be heard....listened to...
Just let them vent...
Am I listening for God's voice in my life....

And then it was in my devotional first thing this morning....so maybe there is something I am supposed to learn....and listen....

I looked back through the Bible, and it is there over 400 times in the NIV version...

The most occurrences are in Job, the Psalms, Proverbs...but it is all through the Scriptures...

Many, many places it says, "they/he did not listen"....and how sad the consequences....

It is important to whom we listen....

It is important on how we listen....

It is important as to why we listen...


Thank You, calling to me....never giving up...help me to have a listening ear to the right words, instructions, to need what You would have me to learn,....that I would follow the right path...to fear YOU...I don't want to persist in my former practices...

James 1:19
[ Listening and Doing ] My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Deuteronomy 27:9
[ Curses From Mount Ebal ] Then Moses and the Levitical priests said to all Israel, “Be silent, Israel, and listen! You have now become the people of the Lord your God.

Deuteronomy 30:20
and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Deuteronomy 31:12
Assemble the people—men, women and children, and the foreigners residing in your towns—so they can listen and learn to fear the Lord your God and follow carefully all the words of this law.

2 Kings 17:14
But they would not listen and were as stiff-necked as their ancestors, who did not trust in the Lord their God.

2 Kings 17:40
They would not listen, however, but persisted in their former practices.

Psalm 81:13
“If my people would only listen to me, if Israel would only follow my ways,

Proverbs 8:6
Listen, for I have trustworthy things to say; I open my lips to speak what is right.

Proverbs 8:32
“Now then, my children, listen to me; blessed are those who keep my ways.

Proverbs 8:33
Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not disregard it.








No comments:

Post a Comment