Sunday, February 2, 2014

My "Twin"

My "twin"

Yesterday, while on an exclusion from ship in St. Lucia, I met my "twin".  She had lost her husband of 42 years to a lung disease, was traveling with longtime friends from the UK, seeing the same sights as I, doing the same activities as I, feeling the strangeness of singleness as I, she was even an only child as I.....she cried throughout our whole conversation as we compared life's widowhood journeys....

We had so many similarities of feelings, life experiences, around the world from one another...our husbands were from different backgrounds, hers served the Prince of Wales while mine looked for gold and served God....

She asked how I was getting through it....I said, " my family with children and grandchildren and God". That reference to God fell flat...she made no reference to having a Heavenly Father whatsoever throughout the whole conversation...and she has been dealing with depression for four years, undergoing counseling, and asking "what is the use" With suicidal thoughts...  

I wanted to give her a hug and share the love of God with her...but the time didn't come ....not that I am this big know it all, have done everything perfect, but that
God could surround her with His place...and only He is able to do it lovingly...

There are lot of my "twins" aboard this ship, from observation....many couples, but many singles as well.  We have all gone through similar journeys and have stories to tell of widowhood....How we are learning, coping, growing or not.  Looks like it would be a good place for a short course on widowhood...as we travel through life and time...but maybe that wouldn't be a "fun" topic...but oh, so needful for some...we could
 Help one another...

Thank YOU for divine appointments,  shared experiences ....show yourself mightily to those who seek answers...


Luke 12:35
[ Watchfulness ] “Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning,

Titus 3:1
[ Saved in Order to Do Good ] Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good,

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,








No comments:

Post a Comment