Thursday, February 27, 2014

Secrets....

Secrets....

Over the course of my life, I have kept many secrets.  Tidbits or conversations with others given in confidence....I wanted to be trustworthy...and I was accountable for those things said in secret...not hiding to be mysterious....but given with trust...

My husband, in his business, signed letters of confidentiality or had others sign these letters about business information..he or they were to hold the information secure In confidence for a certain amount of time...not to give it freely to someone else...

Secrets, confidential information, trustworthiness, accountable, confidence....words of honor, attitudes of honor, ......who can we trust, who can we tell something in confidence....knowing that it won't go to another....and not be anxious that the world will know tomorrow???

God has secrets as well...He who holds the universe together, also knows our comings and goings, our thoughts, our frame...our secret sins...he put us together In the secret places of the womb...it boggles my mind....He is so infinite and I am so finite..

He is the epitome of trustworthiness ...confidence ...and yet I doubt sometimes....I don't see the whole picture as He does or the whole purpose....but, even then, do I really want to know everything from the beginning to end?  Yes, sometimes...the whys...on some subjects...

But then I comeback around to HIs trustworthiness and I have to lay those doubts and questions down....and praise and give thanks...

Thank YOU for the secrets You hold, the infinteness You are, the trustworthiness that is your character...help me to be found trustworthy in Your sight....

Deuteronomy 29:29
The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.

Psalm 90:8
You have set our iniquities before you, our secret sins in the light of your presence.

Proverbs 9:17
“Stolen water is sweet; food eaten in secret is delicious!”
(This proverb always makes me smile...food eaten in secret will not be secret long as the weight increases..).  Our secret sins will come the light and bigger clothes...


Proverbs 11:13
A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy person keeps a secret.

Proverbs 17:23
The wicked accept bribes in secret to pervert the course of justice.

Jeremiah 23:24
Who can hide in secret places so that I cannot see them?” declares the Lord. “Do not I fill heaven and earth?” declares the Lord.

Matthew 6:4
so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Matthew 6:6
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Matthew 6:18
so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Mark 4:11
He told them, “The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables



No comments:

Post a Comment