Saturday, January 11, 2014

Windy days and nights,,,relentless words,....flattery ....

Windy days and nights....flattery words....wordiness....

Last night the wind blew all night long....the roof vents rattled on and on...I finally put ear plugs in....but the wind went on and the noise was still there.....the roaring of the wind hitting the house....relentless.....

It reminded me of myself....am I too wordy, flattery.....do I talk too much...not enough...are my words building up....tearing down....relentless.....making others want earplugs...even as I continue to speak...on and on.....are my words true...or pure flattery...of no real use...

So I pulled up the few Bible verses on flattery....wow, that was convicting....
Blustering...Partiality, deception, boastful, not seeing sin, ruin,useless, snares, seeking advantage, greed, empty.....

Job 8:2
“How long will you say such things? Your words are a blustering wind.
Job 32:21
I will show no partiality, nor will I flatter anyone;
Job 32:22
for if I were skilled in flattery, my Maker would soon take me away.
Psalm 12:2
Everyone lies to their neighbor; they flatter with their lips but harbor deception in their hearts.
Psalm 12:3
May the Lord silence all flattering lips and every boastful tongue..
Psalm 36:2
In their own eyes they flatter themselves too much to detect or hate their sin.
Psalm 78:36
But then they would flatter him with their mouths, lying to him with their tongues;
Proverbs 26:28
A lying tongue hates those it hurts, and a flattering mouth works ruin.
Proverbs 28:23
Whoever rebukes a person will in the end gain favor rather than one who has a flattering tongue.
Proverbs 29:5
Those who flatter their neighbors are spreading nets for their feet.
Daniel 11:32
With flattery he will corrupt those who have violated the covenant, but the people who know their God will firmly resist him.
Romans 16:18
For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.
1 Thessalonians 2:5
You know we never used flattery, nor did we put on a mask to cover up greed—God is our witness.
Jude 1:16
These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.


When I found "words", I found words that I wanted to hear or speak....enduring, uplifting, right, pleasant, truthful, honest, pure, kind, understanding, timely, healing, gracious, wise, gentle, encouraging, worthy.....

Psalm 19:14
May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 119:130
The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.
Proverbs 12:18
The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
Proverbs 12:25
Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.
Proverbs 15:1
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
Proverbs 15:23
A person finds joy in giving an apt reply— and how good is a timely word!
Proverbs 15:26
The Lord detests the thoughts of the wicked, but gracious words are pure in his sight.

Lord, help me to speak the right words, not blowing in the wind....relentlessly, but building, edifying, honest, pure, truthful....all the good ways to speak...that others would  be built up, brought to YOU....





Ecclesiastes 6:11
The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?




No comments:

Post a Comment