Saturday, January 25, 2014

my way....

My way....

45 years ago, a song was recorded  that could be today's song, yesterday song ...an all times song..."I did it my way"

I don't know what made me think of it or maybe I do....my way...I want things my way...sometimes...

I was reading about John the Baptist, while in prison, he sent his disciples to make sure he was following the "right" man, Jesus ....after living in the desert, proclaiming the coming of the Messiah, baptizing him, being filled with the Holy Spirit from birth, he still had to make sure he was following the Emmanuel .....

John,....Thinking , here I am in prison, was this part of the picture???  Is this part of the plan...I did It Gods way the whole time...would I have changed it and not ended up here?.....he knew in his heart of hearts, but  questioned just the same....

I look, and say, this is me....so many things...events...life...I know that God is there, orchestrating the whole .....but I still question even though I don't question...a part of me  says, "are you sure this is in the script?" Isn't life all about good?  

But, back to the song,,,,reading through it, it is about a lost soul....it doesn't end as Ecclesiastics, with "Fear God...."

That is our choice, our only hope...belief in the one true creator, God, through his Son, Jesus ....no other way...and surely not "my way"...

John choose the right way, he just wondered like me,,,in the path of thorns,,,in prison, in the down times if this was the right way....but the answer came..."tell him what you have seen and heard.....the good news is preached...."

We have the Word to tell us, the Holy Spirit to teach us....even In times  of doubting .....and hopefully we will do it "His way".....

John 1:23
John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’”

John 1:27
He is the one who comes after me, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.”

John 3:28
You yourselves can testify that I said, ‘I am not the Messiah but am sent ahead of him.’


John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."


Thank you Father, that you have planned a way to you through Jesus, your son.   My way isn't the right path, but your way is.....


"Frank Sinatra - I Did It My Way Lyrics
Artist: Frank Sinatra
Album: Miscellaneous
Genre: Pop

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain

I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption

I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out

I faced it all and I stood tall
And did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill, my share of losing
And now, as tears subside
I find it all so amusing to think I did all that

And may I say, not in a shy way
Oh, no, oh, no, not me, I did it my way

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has not
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels

The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way

Yes, it was my way"



For the history of the secular song....My way....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Way_(song)

No comments:

Post a Comment