Monday, January 6, 2014

Cleaned out rooms....overturned tables....

Cleared out rooms.....overturned tables.....

I was reading Nehemiah, and came upon this passage....

Nehemiah 13:7b Here I learned about the evil thing Eliashib had done in providing Tobiah a room in the courts of the house of God. 8 I was greatly displeased and threw all Tobiah’s household goods out of the room. 9 I gave orders to purify the rooms, and then I put back into them the equipment of the house of God, with the grain offerings and the incense.

It made me move forward in time to this passage...

Matthew 21:12-13
Jesus at the Temple
12 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13 “It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’”

Nehemiah had been out of country and retuned to Jerusalem to find the emery occupying rooms at the temple ...Jesus came to the temple and found it being used as a market....both wanted the areas cleaned of the rubbish and replaced with the grain  offerings, and incense...prayer.....

Was a reminder of what am I filling life with, ...economics, market places, household goods, stuff...and forgetting the prayer....


Or have I filled my life with the acts of the flesh as in Galatians .....

Galatians 5:19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.


And not the fruit of the Spirit...

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

What do I need to go in and clean out????

Thank YOU for the reminders. ...of cleaning "house",  The people in my life that remind me to clean house, attitudes, habits that are not pleasing to you....help me to clean those rooms and be a blessing to you....

No comments:

Post a Comment