Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sleeplessness....

Sleeplessness....

Tangled sheets, disjointed dreams, a myriad of thoughts, problem solving...sleeplessness.....for whatever unknown reason...."just one of those nights"...

When I was taking care of my mother, the days were so full, my mind had to process at night...sleeplessness...not worries but thoughts, discussions, facts, impressions ....prayer...

Later, taking care of my husband for his last five months of life...it happened again...this time adding the reality of business not as usual...widowhood, preparations, business decisions, life...prayers....sleeplessness...my mind was whirling a hundred different ways all the while listening to him, for needs to be met...

Then again, with my father,  problem solving, research, the "whys", the "how's", the wonderings, the "solutions" which really weren't solutions....letting go again and again ....sleeplessness....

Even though the nights were many times rough, I knew that I was sustained, there was a peace that upheld it all...but there was the sleepiness still...the little sleep there was at times was sweet,

When fears assailed, I remembered the verses about not being afraid, sweet sleep..Jesus sleeping through the storm...not afraid...

But, in reality, there were and are sleepless nights....most, I have no idea why they are restless...but, some, I do and I have to review the day, the Word, the prayers, reaching for the peaceful state of mind....relaxing the tension that has built up...for whatever reason...


Thank YOU for your watchcare in the night times of sleep and sleeplessness...Your peace, YOur words of comfort.....thank YOU that you are always there in the deepest valleys, the highest mountains, the deepest darkness, the sleeplessness...bringing peace and rest to the soul....help me hold on, not letting go...knowing that You do not let go....at any time....



Job 4:13
Amid disquieting dreams in the night, when deep sleep falls on people,

Psalm 3:5
I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.

Psalm 4:8
In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.

Proverbs 3:24
When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.


Ecclesiastes 8:15-17
New International Version (NIV)
15 So I commend the enjoyment of life, because there is nothing better for a person under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany them in their toil all the days of the life God has given them under the sun.

16 When I applied my mind to know wisdom and to observe the labor that is done on earth—people getting no sleep day or night— 17 then I saw all that God has done. No one can comprehend what goes on under the sun. Despite all their efforts to search it out, no one can discover its meaning. Even if the wise claim they know, they cannot really comprehend it.

Daniel 2:1
[ Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream ] In the second year of his reign, Nebuchadnezzar had dreams; his mind was troubled and he could not sleep.
Daniel 6:18
Then the king returned to his palace and spent the night without eating and without any entertainment being brought to him. And he could not sleep.

Matthew 8:24
Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping.





No comments:

Post a Comment