Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Around the world....

Around the world.....

When my husband was diagnosed with cancer, we were privileged to find out that people around the world were praying for him within hours of that diagnosis...notes came in for comfort and prayer....it was so humbling to know that people we had met and not met were praying for him, us and our family...even phone calls from people who knew us with words of encouragement from the other side of the world...some going through their own pain....

With our modern technology we can send those notes or comfort, instantly.  Reading back through the ages, missionaries, families going to foreign countries or even across the USA may never have heard from their families again...and now we can connect almost instantly, even from outer space....

I was reminded of that yet again yesterday and this morning, when a note from a missionary family who lost their 1 year old daughter in Mongolia to SIDS...pain, despair ....and yet people around the world are praying for them as well....comfort...peace in the midst of turmoil...

We have the privilege to pray for them and others like that who are everywhere, going through persecution, hardships, family strife, etc...and am reminded that we were prayed for before we came into being,  the disciples prayed, Jesus taught us to pray, the various people prayed for one another in the Bible...they prayed through the hard times and the praise times....and they didn't need instant messaging at all....some are recorded for us to see and millions are there that we can't...

Thank YOU, that you have given us the privilege of prayer...when we can't do anything else, we can still pray...we don't need anything but words...thoughts....concern...humble hearts...so little for oh, so much.....thank you..


1 Samuel 12:23a
As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by failing to pray for you....

1 Kings 8:28
Yet give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy, Lord my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day.

2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Psalm 17:6
I call on you, my God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.

Psalm 122:6
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May those who love you be secure."

John 17:9
I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.

Romans 12:12
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Philippians 1:3
[ Thanksgiving and Prayer ] I thank my God every time I remember you.

Philippians 1:4
In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy




















No comments:

Post a Comment