Thursday, January 23, 2014

Monsters....

Monsters in the night.....

Years ago, there was a book, written, "where the wild things are" a children's book about monsters...looking at amazon now, there are many books about monsters in the children's sections...to help children deal,with those monsters that seem to appear at night, or bullying or a variety of places...we even have the movies, "monsters, inc." and more....all shapes and sizes, colors , voices, sounds....
In one of my bedrooms eons ago , there was a shadow that appeared every night, that was my monster...made by a palm tree outside...sometimes waving in the wind, other times still, but scary no matter what...until I figured out what it was...fortunately it didn't make sounds...or the owl in that same tree with its screeching....

Of course, there are adult monster films as well...not my genre....there are enough real "monsters" in the real world that hound, scare, follow, sulk through life without imagining more.....

There are still monsters in bad dreams, that wake me occasionally with a startle, not knowing why I am suddenly awake...trembling....not knowing where they came from...I sure wasn't thinking about that when I went to sleep...then the calming down...the reminding myself of scripture...God's presence...and sleep comes slowly again...

Thank YOU, for peace that only You can bring in the night watches....that you love me, care for me, have compassion in my fears...You bring peace ...quietness, restoration from the unsettling of the "bumps in the night"....through the darkness, your rest shines....

Psalm 46:10
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
—Deuteronomy 31:6


But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!
—2 Corinthians 12:9 amp

No comments:

Post a Comment