Thursday, January 2, 2014

Castles and cabins....

Castles and cabins .....

In every town, culture, country, there are castles and cabins.....you, know big houses and little houses....and we all define it differently and we all have a variety of needs, desire and wants....

It seems, like when we are young, we aspire to bigger and bigger homes...the kids each need a room, we need our space...all those common comments....then as the children grow and leave, some of us build the really big home so all the families can come home and we have room for everyone .....or others are ready to reduce the work load and downsize to smaller homes.....

We have heard the stories since we listened to the tales of the "three little pigs" or "Cinderella"...houses, bigger and better or what do we really need...each of us have the opportunity to determine which is better for our own personal needs and lifestyles ....

Down through ages, it has been the same...people really haven't changed...some lived and live in tents, the nomadic life....others in mud hits, caves, houses of clay, huts of bamboo, wood, bricks of sod,  whatever was available at the time and place....shelters of different sizes, shapes...home.....

In the Bible, there are many different types of homes described...the tents, the houses, the palaces.....but the aspiration is to live where God dwells...and that really is the bottom line here on earth and in heaven..no matter what kind of home we have, we want to have God dwell there...in spirit...with us, permeating our lives, homes....making the statement to whomever enters the door....God lives here....His presence...envelops us....dwells....resides....

Thank YOU, that no matter the size of house, bank account, car, or accumulation...that You can dwell with us if we accept the free gift of salvation...the desire to have You dwell in our hearts, forgiving us....loving us.....then please help us to be good stewards of whatever we have....big or little....

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Exodus 15:13
In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling.

Exodus 15:17
You will bring them in and plant them on the mountain of your inheritance— the place, Lord, you made for your dwelling, the sanctuary, Lord, your hands established.

Psalm 23
A psalm of David.
1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2     He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3     he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.


Psalm 26:8
Lord, I love the house where you live, the place where your glory dwells.

Psalm 61:3-5
New International Version (NIV)
3 For you have been my refuge,
    a strong tower against the foe.
4 I long to dwell in your tent forever
    and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.
5 For you, God, have heard my vows;
    you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.

Psalm 84:3-4
New International Version (NIV)
3 Even the sparrow has found a home,
    and the swallow a nest for herself,
    where she may have her young—
a place near your altar,
    Lord Almighty, my King and my God.
4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house;
    they are ever praising you.








No comments:

Post a Comment