Saturday, January 18, 2014

Chose, chosen...


Chose, chosen....

Shopping is choosing...sometimes I am on a mission and know exactly where an item is and other times, I know what I want but have no clue where it would be...while other times I know what I want, but, it doesn't exist, but in a great idea...the clerks are usually pretty helpful...in these journeys to the stores....

They say women shop, looking around at many items before choosing just the right thing, at the right price, the right color, shape and size....men on the other hand, hunt, bagging the first one, no matter the price,  color, shape or size...not sure if that is true or not in all cases....but it sounds good....hunters.....gatherers....

When I was looking for one idea a while back, I came upon these verses and had to put them aside to be thought about later....(I was gathering,, not ready to buy yet...)...



Psalm 119:30
I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I have set my heart on your laws.

Psalm 119:173
May your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen your precepts.

Ephesians 1: 4-11 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, 9 he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ. 11 in him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,

Colossians 1:27
To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Colossians 3:12
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

They all speak of choice....
-I have chosen
-he has chosen
-we are chosen

I am not into a dissertation on predestination ....i cannot defend it one way or another,  but......somewhere, At some time, we have the privilege and/or opportunity to chose whether we desire to be  a part of God's family or not...and He desires that none should perish....He wants us to chose Him...

But by some way known only to Him, we are chosen...to be a part of His family....he knows whose are His and we know we are His...divine choices...he knows what he wants,  size,  shape and color...and He even paid the price....by his son's life, death and resurrection....


I want it said about me,   "I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I have set my heart on your laws." And "you are a chosen people.....God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."

Thank YOU, for choices....help us all to make the right ones....the most important  one, You.....

No comments:

Post a Comment