Friday, October 25, 2013

Temple....house....me? You?....

House....temple.....me?....you?


Grand design...
Noah's arc,,, really Gods design...Noah built it amongst the neighbors who were the unbelievers.  He still built it and was saved.....like us In an hostile world.....

Tabernacle
Talented craftsman for weaving, metalwork, carving,

Temple, specific instructions, design, specific types of materials....
Woodsman, designers

1 Kings 5:5
I intend, therefore, to build a temple for the Name of the Lord my God, as the Lord told my father David, when he said, ‘Your son whom I will put on the throne in your place will build the temple for my Name.’

Psalm 139 we are built, formed by God's design....the ultimate craftsman....

1 Kings 5:18
The craftsmen of Solomon and Hiram and workers from Byblos cut and prepared the timber and stone for the building of the temple.



Can God be held in a "box " of a temple? As we ask Christ to be our savior, he sends his Holy spirt to dwell within us...mystery....how can we "hold" God within us?

1 Kings 8:27
“But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built!

Filled with treasures,  defiled by men, striped of the gold, given to others

2 Kings 18:16
At this time Hezekiah king of Judah stripped off the gold with which he had covered the doors and doorposts of the temple of the Lord, and gave it to the king of Assyria.

Over the years, In need of repair and refurbishment ....cleaning.....do I fall into disrepair??

2 Kings 12:12
the masons and stonecutters. They purchased timber and blocks of dressed stone for the repair of the temple of the Lord, and met all the other expenses of restoring the temple.

1 Kings 9:8
This temple will become a heap of rubble. All who pass by will be appalled and will scoff and say, ‘Why has the Lord done such a thing to this land and to this temple?’

For all that, God knew it work be destroyed by design also...

But to be rebuilt ....the heart.

Ezra 1:2
“This is what Cyrus king of Persia says: “‘The Lord, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth and he has appointed me to build a temple for him at Jerusalem in Judah.

Ezra 1:3
Any of his people among you may go up to Jerusalem in Judah and build the temple of the Lord, the God of Israel, the God who is in Jerusalem, and may their God be with them.

Ezra 1:4
And in any locality where survivors may now be living, the people are to provide them with silver and gold, with goods and livestock, and with freewill offerings for the temple of God in Jerusalem.’”

Brokenness renewed.....

Ezra 3:12
But many of the older priests and Levites and family heads, who had seen the former temple, wept aloud when they saw the foundation of this temple being laid, while many others shouted for joy.

Mark 14:58
“We heard him say, ‘I will destroy this temple made with human hands and in three days will build another, not made with hands.’”

Resurrection...

1 Corinthians 3:16
Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?

1 Corinthians 3:17
If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.


2 Corinthians 6:16
What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.”

Isaiah 56:7
these I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.”


Matthew 21:13
“It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’”

Am I that house of prayer? Am I that temple?  Am I that people? Do I listen when the Holy Spirit speaks truth ? Convicts...

Thank you, God, for molding, building me, let me not be in disrepair, but holding on to your truth..



No comments:

Post a Comment