Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Contemplation .....consider...

Contemplation....consider.....

At church the pastor is going through a study of Nehemiah.   This last week, he asked the congregation to take some time..to contemplate our lives....take time to think where we are going...where we have been, what is God calling us to do.....

Then formulate some life goals asking the questions...where am I right now....where does God want me to be....what do I need to do to move ahead.....

And finally after answering those questions ....anticipate the challenges......

Was such a good reminder...

We used to take time to write out 5 year plans, and even some life goals....where did we as a couple, business, family want to be in the coming years.....I found some of those plans written In various journals of my husband's....I had to put them down for later reading as they were a little hard to grasp at the moment....but, I found out again that God was indeed in those plans with some little tweaks here and there.....plus some major tweaks in my point of view...we never anticipated death so soon....

So now I am asking the same questions with a different perspective.....but as a friend said......"God's purposes are being accomplished".....

There are daily plans and goals....but important also are the life's goals....what do want my spiritual life to look like or be...and what am I doing about??? I probably don't have another 60 years to move in the right direction....so I need to think in smaller chunks of time....what am I doing right now to move closer to God?....what do I do on a daily basis to make that move...how I walk, talk, be in a closer relationship with Him????

How do I lay down the burdens that assail and take time?  Which are important to let others take?  What do I need to move ahead????

Thank you for thinking time....help me to discern the important, the plans that YOu have for me.....help me to be wise in heart....

Psalm 90:12. New International Version (NIV)
12 Teach us to number our days,
    that we may gain a heart of wisdom

Proverbs 22:3 Living Bible (TLB)
3 A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

Proverbs 24:3-4
New International Version (NIV)
3 By wisdom a house is built,
    and through understanding it is established;
4 through knowledge its rooms are filled
    with rare and beautiful treasures.






No comments:

Post a Comment