Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Questions...again

Questions again.....

I tend to ask a lot of questions.....how else am I going to find out the answers...?
As a teenager away at college, I asked...how can God be loving if all these things are happening?? I think a lot of teens ask that same thing along the way...my roommate was aghast that I would ask such things...I wasn't questioning the existence of God but why ....

Later, I am across a list , called "God's guidelines for believers decisions",,it had a lot of thoughtful questions concerning personal conduct, money, business, family life, use of time, thought life and interpersonal relationships in general. Each question has a scripture with it...for instance...
1.will it grieve the Holy Spirit?   Ephesians 4:30
2.will this decisions  demonstrate a proper attitude and respect for my parents? Ephesians 6:1-3
3. Will this drive a wedge between me and God? 1timothy 6:9-11; Hebrews 10:25
And on and on....

With the basic texts being,....
Matthew 6:33
33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

1 Corinthians 10:31
31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

The other day, I found another set of questions with the acronym of THINK...about the words I say...

T---is it true?
H--is it helpful?
I--is it inspiring?
N--is it necessary?
K--is it kind?

These questions are all helpful at various times and places...bottom line, though, does it glorify God and His kingdom?   What can I do that brings that about?

Thank you for questions....You ask them of historical Biblical people, You ask those of me .....help my response be in line with what You have taught and are teaching me everyday...

No comments:

Post a Comment