Monday, October 21, 2013

Anticipation.......

Anticipation.......

I wrote about adoption, but must retrace to anticipation of the first two children born into our family....

We wanted children ....I had attended college because that was the expected thing to do....but had always seen myself as a wife and mother...not a college graduate....

At the appointed time, place, in college, God provided the husband for that wifely/motherly journey....

We graduated from college, started working, bought a house, but no children...

We had miscarriages along the way, very discouraging....painful....emotionally and physically draining ....not something I wish on anyone...

but, finally we were able to carry a child be birth....a boy,....Russell,  "like a fox",  sonograms were not available at the time as routine exams....so he was a surprise! but oh, so anticipated and planned for....I will never forget the proud look on his father's face....his first born, son....

 One day, as his father held him while reading the Bible, he reached over with his pudgy little hands and tore out a portion....it was this passage.....

Luke 2:23
(as it is written in the Law of the Lord, “Every firstborn male is to be consecrated to the Lord”)

We carefully taped it back into the Bible, a reminder .....of him and that scripture......

Another miscarriage, but following that another full term pregnancy,,,,I just knew it would be a girl...this time....Mary...."liberty"......so anticipated.....

Blessing , all......so wanted....
With so many miscarriages, we felt that adoption would b e the next step...so we enrolled InThe foster care program and had lots of babies along the way to care for while family circumstances improved for them.....but still felt led to seek adoption....to add to the two given. So freely.....

Anticipation......felt like our quiver was not quite full enough....

So the next two eventually joined the family.....so, by the nature of things, we have two first born sons...and two first daughters...if you go by birth order, biologically...fun traits for all.....what a combination...all loved so much, planned for....anticipated....different routes....but known of since the beginning .....


Thank you so much for the family Only You could create...plan...

Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


 Psalm 139:13-17a
13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,.....

No comments:

Post a Comment