Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Mold, mold, mold.....

Mold, mold mold....

Yesterday, I had the privilege to have an inspector go through a house, that I really liked for one of my sons and his family....but felt the need to have it inspected as it is a 1950 house...there were definitely some cosmetic things that needed to be dome which would improve it, but those seemed to be an easy do....I just wanted to have a deeper look at the structure and other things that might be deal breakers...

Having  basically lived in Nevada for 40 plus years, mold was never problem with the dry air...things didn't rust much, compost was hard to do...the need for skin cream, chap stick was always there....dryness...so looking for mold in structures was usually not an issue...I remembered reading about the Israelites and the priests looking at buildings, basically to have them inspected as well..so was struck by that scripture yesterday...

With this house, there apparently had been a little bit, the people had treated it, but it had returned with vengeance spreading to all the attic area.....not a healthy environment for little children or anyone for that matter....

It looked In need of tearing it down board by board as the Israelites needed to tear their structures down, stone by stone and finally taken away...

We are told to examine ourselves, In order to find any uncleanness In our hearts....asking for forgiveness, uncleanness to be gotten rid of...to come before The Lord in humility....wanting to be purified as only coming before a great and holy God can do.....

Do I need that washing, that cleansing, that forgiveness,.....yes...so much.....He is holy...the creator, the Almighty ...thank you, that only You can do these thing, clean us up...purify us...give us the robes of righteousness,....that When You look as us You see us cleansed by the blood that was shed for my sins....everyone's sins.....if we put our trust in you....

I don't want to live with that "mold" either in a house or in my life.....thank you for the opportunity of cleansing.....

Leviticus 14:33-47
Cleansing From Defiling Molds

33 The Lord said to Moses and Aaron, 34 “When you enter the land of Canaan, which I am giving you as your possession, and I put a spreading mold in a house in that land, 35 the owner of the house must go and tell the priest, ‘I have seen something that looks like a defiling mold in my house.’ 36 The priest is to order the house to be emptied before he goes in to examine the mold, so that nothing in the house will be pronounced unclean. After this the priest is to go in and inspect the house. 37 He is to examine the mold on the walls, and if it has greenish or reddish depressions that appear to be deeper than the surface of the wall, 38 the priest shall go out the doorway of the house and close it up for seven days. 39 On the seventh day the priest shall return to inspect the house. If the mold has spread on the walls, 40 he is to order that the contaminated stones be torn out and thrown into an unclean place outside the town. 41 He must have all the inside walls of the house scraped and the material that is scraped off dumped into an unclean place outside the town. 42 Then they are to take other stones to replace these and take new clay and plaster the house.

43 “If the defiling mold reappears in the house after the stones have been torn out and the house scraped and plastered, 44 the priest is to go and examine it and, if the mold has spread in the house, it is a persistent defiling mold; the house is unclean. 45 It must be torn down—its stones, timbers and all the plaster—and taken out of the town to an unclean place.

46 “Anyone who goes into the house while it is closed up will be unclean till evening. 47 Anyone who sleeps or eats in the house must wash their clothes.


Psalm 51
1Have mercy on me, O God,
    according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
    blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash away all my iniquity
    and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I know my transgressions,
    and my sin is always before me.
4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
    and done what is evil in your sight;
7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
    wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
9 Hide your face from my sins
    and blot out all my iniquity.
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
    and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
    or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
    and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
    so that sinners will turn back to you.
15 Open my lips, Lord,
    and my mouth will declare your praise.
17 My sacrifice, O God, is[b] a broken spirit;
    a broken and contrite heart
    you, God, will not despise.

No comments:

Post a Comment