Monday, October 7, 2013

Gideon and me, this week....

Gideon and me, this week...

 Being a part of a women's Bible study, has long been important to me....it keeps me accountable in study, aware of new lessons to learn for everyday life...

This week was no different...the life of Gideon by Priscilla Shirer....with a daily lesson..
Each day was another faith lesson to be repeated in my daily life...or had already been learned to be reinforced by the lesson....

Funny, how that is...God really does want to be involved in our lives...learning of Him, learning through life of Him,   Learning through His word what can apply to our daily lives....He uses common ordinary people to do big events, little people to learn and teach principles of life...the foolish to teach the "wise", the wise to teach the foolish, the fathers and mothers to teach the next generation, the children the teach the elders, .....whatever objects , people he chooses to make an important spiritual lesson that is applicable to our everyday life......He wants us to learn from Him, apply His word...use it, live it, love it...be strengthened by it, be admonished by it, be empowered by it, be immersed in it,...

I let my focus be drawn away as a big envelope arrived , finally after several extensions, of taxes due, with all the figuring, calculations, adjustments, that death brings...I was overcome
with anxiety, of those bills to be paid.  What did I need to spend less on?  Would there be enough of this or that???? Worry, worry, anxiousness .....it had been a back and forth dialogue with accountant for months...what about this, that...but no real hard figures until this arrived....But, I let my focus become distracted, forgetting that God through my husband had already provided....

Like Gideon , the hordes of Midianites or the disciples, the crowds distracted from the provisions that God already put in place....He takes a little and makes it much....He provides the strength  ....help me to hold on....

Thank you so much for Your word, your daily and sometimes hourly or even moment by moment teaching....You love, provide...

2 Timothy 3:, 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

 Judges 6, the beginning of the story of Gideon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment