Sunday, October 13, 2013

Heavy heart day....

Heavy heart day.......

Yesterday was a heavy heart day.....am I the only one that have those days.....I don't think so....it was a funeral day for some friends who last Sunday were going to church, "went directly to heaven" instead....their teenage daughter came away from crash with a bruise....heavy heart....

The father had gone to Mongolia in 2011 with my husband and was so excited.....he was able to work with young Christian couples on marriage with the book, "Love and Respect" while other team members did VBS for kids in Ulanbaatar, the capital....

The other day, when I heard that news, I just wanted to talk to my husband and he wasn't there....so talked to God about that....He is such a good listener and comforter....but not quite the same, not bad or anything , just different...
Later, when talking to my daughter , she said the same thing....she just wanted to call up and talk to her dad....and he wasn't there....

So I got out my sewing machine and sewed...brought back so many memories.....I used to sew everyday, but it hurts my back....but I have prayed with sewing machine running for many things.....over the years...a sanctuary  of sorts......comfort in doing the common things ....I talk to God there , creating as I cry or mull over, sort through, making sense of.....whatever....my end products have different memories attached to them....but more often than not they go to someone else....with blessings and prayers....

So even with a heavy heart,,,God gave me a sanctuary of sorts, the sewing machine.....contemplation .....prayer, with an a creative end product.....thank you so much ,again and again.....


Psalm 20
1 May the Lord answer you when you are in distress;
    may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
2 May he send you help from the sanctuary
    and grant you support from Zion.
3 May he remember all your sacrifices
    and accept your burnt offerings.[b]
4 May he give you the desire of your heart
    and make all your plans succeed.
5 May we shout for joy over your victory
    and lift up our banners in the name of our God.
May the Lord grant all your requests.
6 Now this I know:
    The Lord gives victory to his anointed.
He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary
    with the victorious power of his right hand.
7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
    but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
8 They are brought to their knees and fall,
    but we rise up and stand firm.
9 Lord, give victory to the king!
    Answer us when we call!

No comments:

Post a Comment