Friday, October 11, 2013

Psalm 139....

Psalm 139:23-24. Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

"Father, how desperately I need to be led through the complexities of my life. Help me not to settle for simple yet wrong solutions but to be willing to let You work out Your own purposes knowing that You have taken all the factors into consideration." Ray Stedman

As I read these words this morning, I felt they were so good and in need of sharing.  The theme of both my BibLe study and devotion was," what is God doing in my life for preparation of use???"  Everything...is for His use....ultimately....

These last four or five years, admittedly have been rough,  so how will
God use these events for His glory....I think I see a picture, but I need to put my expectations in His hands for His use....He see things so much differently than my finite mind can...I just need a willing heart...a vulnerable one...open...hearing....resting,,,relating......

But this is not just about me!!!! He uses everyone.......those with a willing heart, hands...and those sometimes not so willing...reluctance....afraid,....the ones who say "but..."

It may be to lead people in the desert, take care of people in the prison, listen and interpret dreams, be the cupbearer , kill the giant, be the new queen, the lamenting prophet, the husband to the prostitute, feed for the whale, the builder of houses on the rock, the helper of the hurt along the road, the nursery worker, the janitor, the holder of hands, the "unappreciated", the speaker to a few or hundreds, the writer, the wife of the retired husband, the husband to the busy wife,  the tired, the downhearted, the joyful encourager, the vulnerable weeper, .....all walks and times of life....none are too little or too big...all are for His use....but knowing that they are called, prepared...or in the preparing stage....

Making sure that we are heeding a call not just filling a need....but, then again it maybe both....are our hearts at peace, rest with the decision? Is it such a call that cannot be resisted...are our hearts drawn to that...no matter what.... Not half hearted.....or divided......doubting....

Thank you for direction, preparation-even reluctant , ....YOu know the beginning from the end...all things...how You put us together, how You use us, ....help me to give it all back to You for your care, knowing that You work in all our lives ....You love us beyond our imagination...and desire that we willingly serve You...

No comments:

Post a Comment