Saturday, October 19, 2013

Do not be afraid......a declaration

Do not be afraid....

Several years ago, we were on the verge of moving.  We were leaving a church and community that I loved being a part of, going back to a community that held a lot of negative memories, with a rebellious teenager....but I had peace that we were doing the right thing...but so unexcited, fearful.....my husband was excited to get out of the gray skies and back to sunshine where he excelled both in his profession and emotional well being....

The last sermon we heard, was on the portion in the gospels about Jesus in the boat with the disciples when the storm raged.    I felt I was in that storm.....all I heard was "do not be afraid"....


When we arrived, the first sermon we heard was the same passage,....Again.... "Do not be afraid"...... I would be remiss to say that things got easier.....they didn't for quite awhile...but, there was that message over and over again in my heart ....."do not be afraid".....we went through a pretty tough  season, but so many good things along the way as well....so much learning, growing, tears and laughter....opportunities ....

There are over 80 passages  in the Bible that say,  "do not be afraid"
Most back it with ...a promise...or declaration .....

Reading through these verse are such a comfort again....in this season of life....

Thank you again that You are with me, You are my shield, courage, firmness, promise....
I am chosen....



Genesis 15:1a
[ The Lord’s Covenant With Abram ] After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward.”

Genesis 26:24a
That night the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you....

Exodus 14:13a
Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today....

Deuteronomy 1:17a
Do not show partiality in judging; hear both small and great alike. Do not be afraid of anyone, for judgment belongs to God. ....

Deuteronomy 7:18a
But do not be afraid of them; remember well.....

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you..

Joshua 10:25
Joshua said to them, “Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Be strong and courageous. This is what the Lord will do to all the enemies you are going to fight.”

Judges 6:23
But the Lord said to him, “Peace! Do not be afraid. You are not going to die!"

Isaiah 43:5a
Do not be afraid, for I am with you;.....

Isaiah 44:2 altered
This is what the Lord says— he who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you: Do not be afraid,.........whom I have chosen.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Mark 4:39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.
40 He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?”




Hurricane song by Christian singer, Natalie grant
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0SO8z0ShWJSPQUA.qLBGOd_;_ylu=X3oDMTByNzhwY2hkBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkAw--/SIG=120v92kn2/EXP=1382217106/**http%3a//www.youtube.com/watch%3fv=ttKnLwwHlig

No comments:

Post a Comment