Sunday, October 20, 2013

Heaven is real.....

Heaven is real......

I was at a women's dinner the other night. The theme was "Beloved" from

Rev 19:1-9  Hallelujah Over Babylon’s Fall
After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting:

“Hallelujah!
Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,
2     for true and just are his judgments.
He has condemned the great prostitute
    who corrupted the earth by her adulteries.
He has avenged on her the blood of his servants.”
3 And again they shouted:

“Hallelujah!
The smoke from her goes up for ever and ever.”
4 The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God, who was seated on the throne. And they cried:

"Amen, Hallelujah!”
5 Then a voice came from the throne, saying:
“Praise our God,
    all you his servants,
you who fear him,
    both great and small!”
6 Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:

“Hallelujah!
    For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
7 Let us rejoice and be glad
    and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
    and his bride has made herself ready.
8 Fine linen, bright and clean,
    was given her to wear.”
(Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God’s holy people.)

9 Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.”

The first question, as we were to get acquainted with the others at the table, was what were our expectations of heaven.....the discussion ended up centered on whether there would be animals in heaven...truthfully I couldn't speak as I have had too many close encounters these last four years....so I listened to the discussion (my normal default)...

I have pictures in my mind what I imagine...not really thinking of animals.....

I can imagine my mom enjoying the music and colors as she loved music and art....

I can imagine my husband talking to everyone about anything, enjoying the geology of the various  places, seeing gold so pure as he was a geologist....and he didn't need to take it with him....

I can imagine my dad talking to everyone as well, telling stories and listening to other's....free of the pain of dying.....

I can imagine my grandparents and parents in law seeing their children and visiting....

Friends meeting....hugging....catching up....

None of them In pain or worried about the stock markets or estate plans.....forgetting all the concerns they had while here on earth.....just enjoying the fellowship, the timelessness, the music, the continual praise......

Waiting for the wedding of the Lamb.....and us...all dressed in fine linen.....all the bride, blessed because we have been invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb...the Savior, the Creator, the glorious God himself.....

All of them shouting the praises, Hallelujah!!!  praise to our God.....I

Thank You for the Pictures, descriptions.....the memories, the images, of those who have gone before.....their personalities, cares, love, lives.....who they were to us.....
Thank you.....

“‘The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,’ says the Lord” (Isaiah 65:25).

“The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean” (Revelation 19:14).

“Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month” (Revelation 22:1-2).

No comments:

Post a Comment