Saturday, October 12, 2013

Refresh....

Refresh....

Walking early in the morning right now is refreshing to say the least....28-32 degrees....down coat, wool gloves and hat.......the air is crisp, cold....such a change from a month ago....the leaves are dropping already, not long fall this year unless it comes after the leaves are gone.....the breeze is bracing, cooling to the bone, it seems....makes one walk a little faster.....

It made me think of the word "refresh".......what refreshes......friends, laughter,  a word of encouragement ....giving....rest...a touch of concern....or care...a hug.....

The Jeremiah verse was a balm to my soul, especially when we were going through some very rough times with one of our children...I was reading and crying through the book of Jeremiah...when that verse popped off the pages...."Jeremiah 31:25
I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.”   I was very weary and very faint, troubled, tired to the bone .....both emotionally and physically .....it just took those few words spoken to my heart the bring refreshment to my soul...I have gone back to them time after time in the ensuing years...they still speak the same truth and encouragement....thank You so much.....You do refresh.....

How can I give refreshment to others....with the same words, the hug, the care that others have given to me.....Help me to be that refreshment wherever I go, who ever I see...I don't want to always be the one needy,,,but give to others who are in need of refreshment....


Psalm 19:7
The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, e making wise the simple.

Psalm 23:3
he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.

Psalm 68:9
You gave abundant showers, O God; you refreshed your weary inheritance.

Proverbs 11:25
A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.

Proverbs 25:13
Like a snow-cooled drink at harvest time is a trustworthy messenger to the one who sends him; he refreshes the spirit of his master.

1 Corinthians 16:18
For they refreshed my spirit and yours also. Such men deserve recognition.

2 Corinthians 7:13
By all this we are encouraged. In addition to our own encouragement, we were especially delighted to see how happy Titus was, because his spirit has been refreshed by all of you

2 Timothy 1:16
May the Lord show mercy to the household of Onesiphorus, because he often refreshed me and was not ashamed of my chains.

Philemon 1:7
Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people.

Philemon 1:20
I do wish, brother, that I may have some benefit from you in the Lord; refresh my heart in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment