Sunday, October 6, 2013

Mazes....

Mazes....

Yesterday, I took three of my grandchildren to the local corn patch, no, field, maze..I had viewed the maze in an aerial shot in the local newspaper as they were preparing the field for the opening .  What a puzzle of trails, curlicues , wonderings....oh, there was a pattern alright, but being inside the maze is totally different than seeing it from the air or with a map...

I thought of the Israelites in their wonderings in the desert forty years, it would be interesting to see an aerial view of their trails as God did...there is probably one of those charts somewhere online or in some book..

Or just life, sometimes I feel like I am in a maze as well, with the huge cornstalks hemming me in and not seeing the whole picture...it is surprising what four to five rows of cornstalks can hide....(.reminded me of the movie "field of dreams", the players just melting into the cornstalks...that literally happens)...... But, I digress,....time or lack of, emotions, thoughts, grief, business, responsibilities brought on by deaths, changes seem to be the cornstalks of life right now...which path leads In the right way to the finish line? having years of someone else to confide in, discuss with, and them making the decisions   Is a lot different than me by myself to take the full responsibility....I liked not having the final authority on me...now it is time to step,up to the plate, so to speak,,and pray, rely on God throughout the paths or mazes which lead to the exit...of the fields....

Is there a stand to climb onto to see the various paths? To get an overview or perspective as there was at the cornfield maze?  Yes, holding onto God's hand or reading His word.....it may not give me the map on how to get out , but the security that God is at the very least in the maze with me,  but, He is really the creator or author of the "maze of life".  We don't see the big picture, but He does, thankfully...

Thank you so very much for Your guidance. help me to listen , to read the map, not panic , know that you care. Thank you that you send along helpers (there were people in the maze with walkie talkies), godly counselors, circumstances, peace if I am willing to listen...

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord,


Psalm 16:11
You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Psalm 18:36
You provide a broad path for my feet, so that my ankles do not give way.

Psalm 27:11
Teach me your way, Lord; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors.


No comments:

Post a Comment