Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Whom do I serve???

Whom do I serve?

Reading through 1 and 2 Kings and Chronicles, the statement "_____" served the Lord or "_____" did not serve the Lord is one theme....which ruler or king served or did not serve the Lord...how they ruled the people....their legacy of life....

So I wrote in my side notes, "whom do I serve?"   And if someone where to write down my life's history, what would they say or report upon?  What in my life shows whom I serve?  Which master do I serve?

What am I doing/saying on a day to day basis shows  those around me whom I serve?  It is all well and good to read the historical facts about kings who ruled thousands of years ago, gaining knowledge of their lives, putting history into perspective...but, I have to bring the application question down to myself...that is where the rubber meets the road, so to speak...

What will be my epitaph? More importantly, what would God report on my life if it were in His scriptures? Whoa ....

Thank YOU for the history lessons, help me to serve You...to follow after your ordinances...to serve You....

Joshua chose-But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”
Joshua 24:15

The wise inherit honor, but fools get only shame.
Listen, my sons, to a father’s instruction; pay attention and gain understanding.
The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.
Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways.
Proverbs 3:35-4:1,18,26

The one who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not trust in an idol or swear by a false god. They will receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God their Savior. Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, God of Jacob.
Psalm 24:4-6

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
Matthew 6:24

No comments:

Post a Comment