Thursday, June 21, 2018

flaws....?

Flaws...?

I was raised by flawed parents who strived for perfection...which made me strive for perfection ...being the best student, high expectations of myself and others, being the best wife, mother, etc, etc. etc.....perfect in everything...which led to fed fears that I couldn't be the best at everything....what a vicious cycle ...I realized over and over that it was never to be, but the drive was still there..to the point that I didn't open myself up to others because I wasn't perfect...that adds pride to the mix....vulnerability...

Oh, the webs we weave trying to "succeed" to ourself and to the eyes of others...we aren't perfect, we will never be... But, we are wonderfully and fearfully made in the exact way that God made us...he has the path chosen for our lives, meant for good, for Hope...

We can lay down those perfection rules, the "I am not good enough" excuses or whatever "flaws" that weigh us down at the foot of the cross and ask for help, forgiveness or whatever we need...Christ arrays us with robes of righteousness, with his infinite love, His glory...and uses those "flaws" to build lives that glorify Him, if we let Him...   Thank YOU...

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
Psalm 91:1-2

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Psalm 139:14

For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. ...
2 Chronicles 16:9a



"WEAKNESS
BELOVED, THE LIGHT OF MY PRESENCE CAN FLOW THROUGH YOU TO BLESS OTHERS AS YOU LIVE IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH ME. So come near Me just as you are. Through seeking Me and opening up to Me you will experience My Light shining upon you—and within you. Let these healing rays soak deep into your being: blessing you and making you a source of blessing to other people.
You may wonder how that can happen when you are so flawed.
Actually, the very things that trouble you most—your weaknesses and wounds—are of greatest use to Me in helping others, for I have shone into your heart the Light of the knowledge of My Glory. This much Light and Glory simply cannot be contained within you! Your wounds and weaknesses provide openings through which some of this glorious Light spills out of you into the world. By letting your humble, hurting parts be exposed, you allow My Light to shine through you into others’ lives.
Thus, your neediness and hurts, consecrated to Me, become treasures in My kingdom.
Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O LORD. PSALM 89: 15
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 2 CORINTHIANS 4: 6
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 2 CORINTHIANS 4: 7–9" Sarah Young, Jesus Always

No comments:

Post a Comment