Friday, June 8, 2018

That's me....

That's me....

Upon reading the following devotional from "Jesus lives" by Sarah Young early this am...I thought, "that's me", the little girl holding on to a trustworthy adult...

The road has changed so much in last few years...you glibly think you have life kind of figured out, what potential plans you have seem to be in place...and boom, there is a major reconstruction zone...with new roads never travelled...I have read a lot of travel guides on these new roads, written by past travelers and have even written my own for future travellors, but, the trip is still new...

The best guide is still the Word...each day...
That day to day reassurance that God still holds our hands, holds the future and will continue to direct us through the construction zones of life ...He alone knows the route....thank YOU...

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.
For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.
Habakkuk 3:17-19   ( I read this the other day and wondered when it would fit into a blog, and today is the day, already prepared...so like God)



"ABIDING IN HIM

YOUR STEPS ARE DIRECTED BY ME, EVEN THOUGH YOUR JOURNEY OFTEN FEELS HAPHAZARD. The path that lies before you now is veiled in uncertainty: You have choices to make but too little information to see the way you should go. Taking the next step feels risky—like leaping into the unknown. The best thing you can do at such times is cling to Me. Imagine a young girl walking along busy city streets with a trustworthy adult. She may feel overwhelmed by all the sensory stimulation, all the possible ways to get lost. However, if she keeps holding on to the adult’s hand, she will get safely to her destination. Similarly, as you cling to My hand for help and guidance, you are ultimately safe.

Though you may not know the way you should go, you do know the One who is the Way. Stay near Me, and you will not go astray. Because I am sovereign over your life, I actually direct your steps and make them sure even when they feel random to you. Talk with Me about your uncertainty, your fear of making wrong choices. Remember that the most important choice you make moment by moment is to stay in communication with Me. This is how you cling to My hand. This is how you trust My guiding Presence as you go—step by step—along the path you cannot see.

A man’s steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way? PROVERBS 20: 24
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” JOHN 14: 6 NKJV
A man’s mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure. PROVERBS 16: 9 AMP
For we walk by faith, not by sight. 2 CORINTHIANS 5: 7 NKJ"

No comments:

Post a Comment