Friday, June 29, 2018

Tools in use...

Tools in use...

I took a friend to the Campus crusade Campus with a tour of the Jesus Film Project followed by a tour of the Wycliffe discovery museum yesterday...we ended our day attending a rally time at Teen Missions International...as well as seeing grandkids, kids and  a sibling for her...

This morning we walked along the Atlantic Ocean, picking through the millions of seashells and fragments....before heading to Kennedy Space Center near here...

All the while, I was thinking about how we are tools in use...
My son, who this year a leader(with his wife and three teens), went in his first teen missions 30 years ago with one of his friends...they arrived in Australia to build a huge pole building from cutting the trees in the forest to  putting on a roof...he was 15... Later my next child went to the Ukraine to build as well, followed by my next daughter, working  with YWAM,   children who lived in the dumps in São Paulo, Brazil...our last son  did summer camps, my husband went to Mongolia, showing the Jesus film...I finally got to go to Yucatan and Columbia....but, we supported many missionaries along the way...we were tools, blessed tools, blessedly used...

I found a tiny seashell this morning at the beach, no bigger than my pinky fingernail...it, too, was a tool, created for a purpose, just we are...

It is a blessing  to be used, an honor that takes me to my knees at times...that an all powerful  God who can speak things into existence would use me, our family is such an awesome way...and I look around to see Him working in thousands of other lives...tools, blessed tools, blessedly used...bringing glory to the Maker of heaven and earth...thank YOU....

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.
Romans 12:3-8

No comments:

Post a Comment