Friday, August 1, 2014

Welcomed....

Welcomed....

One of the neighborhoods we moved into was less than welcoming....not one person came over to say, "welcome".  So I determined that when people  moved in anywhere in the neighborhood, i would not do the same...cookies or casserole or even just a simple, "hello, welcome" had to be the order of business...at least a name...and a smile...

We did not become bosom buddies, but at least on speaking terms...a smile here and there, a "hello".....

When I visit my children's neighborhoods, it is nice to meet their friends that they have made in new areas..as well as the churches they attend to meet friends accumulated in those places as well..or the communities ..networks that they maintain or are building...as well as going back to old neighborhoods where I have lived or worked...welcomed again...

Now I live in a new neighborhood, and I still try to meet and greet new neighbors, at least say hello...a new church, a new town...and maybe a word or two in greeting....

Lord. Help me to welcome those around me as I want to be welcomed...not to be afraid to intrude, but greeting others in love and kindness...in Your name...

Judges 19:3 her husband went to her to persuade her to return. He had with him his servant and two donkeys. She took him into her parents’ home, and when her father saw him, he gladly welcomed him.

Judges 19:20a, "You are welcome at my house,” the old man said. “Let me supply whatever you need....

Matthew 10:40 “Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me.

Luke 8:40 [ Jesus Raises a Dead Girl and Heals a Sick Woman ] Now when Jesus returned, a crowd welcomed him, for they were all expecting him.

Luke 9:11a but the crowds learned about it and followed him. He welcomed them and spoke to them about the kingdom of God.....

Luke 9:48 Then he said to them, “Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For it is the one who is least among you all who is the greatest.”

Luke 10:8 “When you enter a town and are welcomed, eat what is offered to you.


Luke 15:2 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”

Luke 16:9 I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings.

Luke 19:6 So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.

Acts 15:4 When they came to Jerusalem, they were welcomed by the church and the apostles and elders, to whom they reported everything God had done through them.

Acts 17:7 and Jason has welcomed them into his house. They are all defying Caesar’s decrees, saying that there is another king, one called Jesus.”

Acts 18:27a When Apollos wanted to go to Achaia, the brothers and sisters encouraged him and wrote to the disciples there to welcome him....

Acts 28:2 The islanders showed us unusual kindness. They built a fire and welcomed us all because it was raining and cold.


August 1 -jesus calling
Nothing can separate you from My Love. Let this divine assurance trickle through your mind and into your heart and soul. Whenever you start to feel fearful or anxious, repeat this unconditional promise: “Nothing can separate me from Your Love, Jesus.”
Most of mankind’s misery stems from feeling unloved. In the midst of adverse circumstances, people tend to feel that love has been withdrawn and they have been forsaken. This feeling of abandonment is often worse than the adversity itself. Be assured that I never abandon any of My children, not even temporarily. I will never leave you or forsake you! My Presence watches over you continually. I have engraved you on the palms of My hands.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
—Romans 8:38–39

No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.
—Joshua 1:5


“Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.”
—Isaiah 49:15–16

No comments:

Post a Comment