Monday, August 25, 2014

Star power....

Star power.....

When clicking of the news in early mornings, one can't help but notice that there are a lot of "news" stories about Hollywood stars and their antics, lives, problems, shows, dresses, etc...side by side with world and national news...

I remember my parents commenting on the news stories when they were in Europe many years ago...it seemed to them that US news revolved around Hollywood, Like that was our center of news...what happened to the rest of the nation?? Or the World?

Recently, an interviewer was asking questions along the Florida beach to various people playing there...they could answer all of the Hollywood questions, but very few knew who was the vice President was or where various countries In the world were or even the capital of the state they were visiting..they didn't know major news stories at the time....

I am not saying that star power is unworthy or that stars are fools, but that there is more to our lives than Hollywood or its sister cities worldwide...will we give in Just to be entertained ....it is exciting to see more movies with good morals making their appearance...movie stars whose lives reflect good family values making a stand....

Thank YOU that we live in  world that You designed...help me to follow You and not the world..humble, asking forgiveness in truth, seeking Your way through the maze of worldliness .....finding my pleasure in You...

Ecclesiastes 2 Pleasures Are Meaningless . I said to myself, “Come now, I will test you with pleasure to find out what is good.” But that also proved to be meaningless. “Laughter,” I said, “is madness. And what does pleasure accomplish?” I tried cheering myself with wine, and embracing folly—my mind still guiding me with wisdom. I wanted to see what was good for people to do under the heavens during the few days of their lives. ...

Psalm 16:11 You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Proverbs 16:13 Kings take pleasure in honest lips; they value the one who speaks what is right.

Proverbs 18:2 Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions.

Proverbs 21:17 Whoever loves pleasure will become poor; whoever loves wine and olive oil will never be rich.

Luke 8:14 The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature.

2 Timothy 3 New International Version (NIV)
3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

Titus 3:3 At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another.

Hebrews 10:38 And, “But my righteous one will live by faith. And I take no pleasure in the one who shrinks back.”

No comments:

Post a Comment