Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Darkness .......

Darkness.....

Thunder , lightning, downpour.....a small dog sits shivering on my lap....over and over again.....then utter darkness.....

 (I found that an iPad makes a good flashlight until I got to,the real one)

I walk through the house turning off the lights that had been on and head for bed...it is dark everywhere....street lights put, moon and stars covered with clouds.....I can't see my hands or feet....darkness....

It reminded me of when we went on a cave tour and the guide turned out the lights....you could feel the darkness ....so black, thick....darkness....

When I read or listen to the news, there is a darkness that comes with the some of the world news....darkness of mans' sin, depravity, hatred, acts of darkness...so against the 

light  of God, His awesome love and light....I just can't help but think how distressed He must feel, or seeing man throw away the light He longs to give...the

Love He has for mankind....and they, choosing darkness instead...

The lights came back on quickly...extinguishing the darkness .....the various clocks blinking...forgotten lights awakening from the dark....no more need for the flashlight....but showing the need for light in the world, in my soul....and those around me...

Thank YOU for Your light ...help mankind to seek it rather than the darkness.... 

2 Samuel 22:29 You, Lord, are my lamp; the Lord turns my darkness into light.

Job 5:14 Darkness comes upon them in the daytime; at noon they grope as in the night.

Job 12:22 He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings utter darkness into the light.

Psalm 104:20 You bring darkness, it becomes night, and all the beasts of the forest prowl.

Psalm 105:28 He sent darkness and made the land dark— for had they not rebelled against his words?

Psalm 107:10 Some sat in darkness, in utter darkness, prisoners suffering in iron chains.

Psalm 107:14 He brought them out of darkness, the utter darkness, and broke away their chains.

Psalm 112:4 Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous.

Psalm 139:12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

Proverbs 4:19 But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness; they do not know what makes them stumble.


Proverbs 20:20 If someone curses their father or mother, their lamp will be snuffed out in pitch darkness.


Ecclesiastes 2:13 I saw that wisdom is better than folly, just as light is better than darkness.


Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.


Isaiah 5:30 In that day they will roar over it like the roaring of the sea. And if one looks at the land, there is only darkness and distress; even the sun will be darkened by clouds.


Isaiah 8:22 Then they will look toward the earth and see only distress and darkness and fearful gloom, and they will be thrust into utter darkness.


Isaiah 9:2 The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned.


Isaiah 29:15 Woe to those who go to great depths to hide their plans from the Lord, who do their work in darkness and think, “Who sees us? Who will know?”


Isaiah 42:7 to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.


Isaiah 42:16 I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.


Ezekiel 34:12 As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness.


Daniel 2:22 He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him.


Luke 1:78-79 New International Version (NIV)

78 because of the tender mercy of our God,

    by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven

79 to shine on those living in darkness

    and in the shadow of death,

to guide our feet into the path of peace.”


No comments:

Post a Comment