Friday, August 15, 2014

Weariness ....

Weariness.....

Years ago, I was at a breaking point.....our family was in turmoil...our church was in turmoil...it seemed everything around us was in turmoil...for a a multitude of reasons...I remember crying out to The Lord,  "peace, peace, please peace for my soul...."

I was reading through Jeremiah at the time and came upon this little verse stuck quietly away ...."Jeremiah 31:25 I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint..".....amongst his laments.... It was like water in a thirsty, parched  land....

I have returned to that verse and promise and others like it many times since then....desiring that refreshment, that satisfying.....in the turmoils of life...which really don't go away, but my attitude is refreshed...my soul is strengthened....my outlook is changed...because God does not grow weary ....he gives the refreshment, the sustenance....

I love the following one,,also..."Isaiah 50:4 The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed."
As I am definitely a morning person....and I want to listen....(most of the time....)

I am so glad that God gives answers...that He shows the way....that He gives rest when we seek Him....sometimes the answers aren't what we want, but what we need...then He gives a peaceful heart to accept .....Thank YOU....


Job 3:17 There the wicked cease from turmoil, and there the weary will receive rest..

Psalm 68:9 You gave abundant showers, O God; you refreshed your weary inheritance.

Psalm 119:28 My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.

Proverbs 25:25 Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.

Proverbs 30:1 [ Sayings of Agur ] The sayings of Agur son of Jakeh—an inspired utterance. This man’s utterance to Ithiel: “I am weary, God, but I can prevail.

Isaiah 40:28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.

Isaiah 40:29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment