Thursday, August 7, 2014

Weary....but good....

Weary ...but good...

Picture three children, ages 4, 2 and a teething/crawling 11 month old, one grandmother and one dog sprawled across couch, two chairs, asleep... Actually I wasn't asleep, but weary...I undid myself from underneath the youngest, put her to bed and went and treaded in treadmill.  But the picture from the ceiling of the room that I had in my mind was cute...peaceful...after four active hours....these times make one thankful we are younger when we have our children....times of endless questions, sibling rivalry, attention getting, cuddling, feeding, diaper changing, laundry, quick meals, spilled bottles, washed faces/hands, "mine", "no", "yes"....helter-skelter....and even picture taking....

At times I felt like this verse...
While you were doing all these things, declares the Lord, I spoke to you again and again, but you did not listen; I called you, but you did not answer. Jeremiah 7:13

Other times, instant obedience....or the shelter in the storm with cling-ons...depended on the minute ....

Grandchildren are a blessing....I have them from three days to almost 15 years...each have their wonderful personalities, temperaments, needs, desires, dreams.....each specially designed for a path planned for them....each loved for their specialness...and I thought my children were/are special as well...but seeing the next generation is delightful....there are no replacements...for either....

Thank YOU so much for the opportunity to be a small part of my grandchildren's lives...from diaper changing to storytelling, to cuddles at night....talking about life and dreams....just time....





Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.
—2 Thessalonians 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment