Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Seashells....

Seashells ...

I have a collection of seashells...from Australia, New Zealand, South America, Hawaii, the Caribbean , Alaska, Florida, the Pacific coast, the north and south Atlantic coast....wherever I have been on a beach...a sign next to them says, "Come gather seashells with me"...or to me it means "come and gather memories ".. ....which is what I did at each place...

Also, with this collection are blown glass balls which were used in times past for fishing floats. They came out  of my grandmother's things...a picture of a turquoise iceberg floating in the sea of blue...a beautiful abalone shell shined to show the blues under the white calcium outer shell....a piece of solid copper tree shaped from our 10th anniversary...seashell necklaces from Hawaii .....gathered memories.....seashells...

The other note in a sea-like bottle says" cherish yesterday, dream tomorrow, live today".....

I do cherish the yesterdays...never repeatable...no going back..but remembered, cherished, treasured...with treasures to show for them...

We do dream of the tomorrows...what will happen...who we meet along the way...what sights will we see..things to do ....places to visit, enjoy...plans to make...

But living today is so important as well...what we say to others, what our actions show or whom they represent, what memories are we making today that will be remembered later in time...things collected along the path...friends made,...all to cherish as well...like the seashells ...gathered...here and there...

Going through my parents things, treasures from times past....some thing had meaning only for them...and usually not for keeping... Trinkets from their  travels, lives....some have history and family value handed down generations.....cherishing the yesterdays....

It is amazing how God has us doing life which is so intertwined .....my seashells and my parents things, sorting, learning life's lessons....what to cherish, what to dream, what to live, what to gather.....coincidence?   I don't think so!   Life lessons are everywhere .....

Thank YOU for the seashells of life, those lessons ...collected along the way....to make a whole jar full of "cherishes"....lessons....either to pass on or sorted by future generations....

Psalm 119 New International Version

33 Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees,
    that I may follow it to the end.
34 Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law
    and obey it with all my heart.
35 Direct me in the path of your commands,
    for there I find delight.
36 Turn my heart toward your statutes
    and not toward selfish gain.
37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
    preserve my life according to your word.
38 Fulfill your promise to your servant,
    so that you may be feared.
39 Take away the disgrace I dread,
    for your laws are good.
40 How I long for your precepts!
    In your righteousness preserve my life.

49 Remember your word to your servant,
    for you have given me hope.
62 At midnight I rise to give you thanks
    for your righteous laws.

64 The earth is filled with your love, Lord;
    teach me your decrees.

105 Your word is a lamp for my feet,
    a light on my path.
108 Accept, Lord, the willing praise of my mouth,
    and teach me your laws.

114 You are my refuge and my shield;
    I have put my hope in your word.

135 Make your face shine on your servant
    and teach me your decrees.

144 Your statutes are always righteous;
    give me understanding that I may live.

147 I rise before dawn and cry for help;
    I have put my hope in your word.

160 All your words are true;
    all your righteous laws are eternal.

165 Great peace have those who love your law,
    and nothing can make them stumble.

169 May my cry come before you, Lord;
    give me understanding according to your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment