Sunday, July 20, 2014

Classified ads....

Classified ads....

"For sale- lift recliner, jazzy wheel chair,-like new, power scooter-like new and a variety of other medical supplies...."


The other day, the preceding ad caught my eye...after taking care of my mother, husband and father, I could have put a similar ad into the paper....In fact several of their things were borrowed from others who had gone through similar situations...

One organization I contacted early on had a whole room of walkers, where I learned I could go and exchange parts to get the "perfect" walker , right height, right width, perfect sized wheels, perfect closures.....

We needed shower chairs and they come in a variety shapes and sizes....wheel chairs, seated walkers, walkers to go in loose gravel, walkers to walk down the street, walkers to sit on...

Wheel chairs come in different widths, with different foot equipment, arm equipment...

There are Whole catalogs with equipment to help with bathing, eating, life skills for so many different needs....book holders, page turners, etc, etc, etc....

One day, my mother decided she wanted to go to the large "box" store. She wasn't strong enough to walk the whole store yet, so we tried out the scooters available for customers.  It was all hand controlled and very sensitive to the touch. We got the shortened "how to" session and she was off, bumping into racks , fast/slow...we laughed so hard on this new adventure that others were laughing with us and at us.....I finally asked the attendant if he had a "student driver" sign for us...but we made it around finally, picking up groceries along the route...the next time she was stronger and used the large grocery carts to lean on as we shopped...

As my husband weakened, we went from various walkers to a wheel chair.  We walked the huge stores, malls, hunting stores with big aisles..to talk and observe, get out of the confines of the care places for awhile ...good for both our mental and emotional attitudes, having lunch out among people and with friends as often as we could...for as long as possible...

I am thankful for all the equipment that we could use to get through various stages of our lives.  It has made our lives easier to deal with, more convenient to treat others with honor and dignity through life's process and medical issues and challenges...the people who have had the inventiveness to create tools that make life easier from engineers to the guy next door who wanted to help another...

Thank YOU, for gifting people with helpful, thoughtful talents which in turn help others through life...You are the master designer, creator....who bestows those talents ....

Exodus 39:8a The Breastpiece ] They fashioned the breastpiece—the work of a skilled craftsman....

1 Kings 7:14 whose mother was a widow from the tribe of Naphtali and whose father was from Tyre and a skilled craftsman in bronze. Huram was filled with wisdom, with understanding and with knowledge to do all kinds of bronze work. He came to King Solomon and did all the work assigned to him.

Isaiah 3:3a the captain of fifty and the man of rank, the counselor, skilled craftsman......

Jeremiah 10:9 Hammered silver is brought from Tarshish and gold from Uphaz. What the craftsman and goldsmith have made is then dressed in blue and purple— all made by skilled workers.

Psalm 139:13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
    How vast is the sum of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment