Thursday, July 17, 2014

Notes in my Bible....

Notes in my Bible.....

The other day, computers were down for some reason and I had to resort to reading my  Bible in book form....how different I have come....

But, it was like holding my history treasure...how often have I turned to the book of psalms over the last few years..over and over agin, there were notes and dated passages... Some very personal and others, observations about life, politics, world events, life in general....insights where God spoken directly to me in a passage needed for that day or in days to come...some passages have more than one date, where He has used a particular passage again and again for comfort or admonishment...or deeper meaning at a different level...

My Bibles are not pristine, clean copies ....I have marked them, underlined, circled, cross referenced, added dates, people's names, prayer requests and answers, pleas, and thanksgiving...sermon notes......the pages are broken, torn from use...ripped from baby's tiny hands...the binding has been replaced...or even one, cut into new and Old Testament  books..

The whole Bible is precious...each day, each year has its life learning there in the Word...words written many years ago, but as new and meaningful today as then...they never are outdated... Each generation discovering anew God's meaning for their lives...a never ending heritage ....

Yes, it is fun having the Bible on computer with all of its bells and whistles, but holding that paper copy with its added written history ...was refreshing ....holy...reminding me of times past, lessons...personal care...thank YOU...for roots, words of encouragement ....timelessness...

2 Timothy  3:14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment